Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Alpena County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Alpena County
      Zips: 
    49744
    49747
    49753
    49766
    49707
      Coordinates: 
    45.031107500798754, -83.16520114466793
      Area total: 
    1694.93 sq. mi., 4389.84 sq. km, 1084753.28 acres
      Area land: 
    571.87 sq. mi., 1481.13 sq. km, 365994.88 acres
      Area water: 
    1123.06 sq. mi., 2908.71 sq. km, 718758.40 acres
      Established: 
    1840
      Capital seat: 

    Alpena
    Address: 720 W Chisholm St
    County Courthouse
    Alpena, MI 49707-2453
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 8 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Alpena County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    28,907; Population change: -2.33% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    51 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,423
      Households: 
    12,464
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.70% per 13,245 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $1.03 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Alpena County's population of Michigan of 18,574 residents in 1930 has increased 1,56-fold to 28,907 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.21% female residents and 48.79% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.15% in Alpena County, Michigan are married and the remaining 40.85% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.15% in Alpena County, Michigan are married and the remaining 40.85% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,645 residential units of which 82.46% share occupied residential units.

    18.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Alpena County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.35% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.01% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.39% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.30% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Alpena County, Michigan 64.48% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.62% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.89% are vacant.

  • The 74.89% of the population in Alpena County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.950%) of those eligible to vote in Alpena County, Michigan.

Skyline of Alpena County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

QuickBooks Accounting Solutions

1510 Poole Blvd, Yuba City, CA 95993

Flam Financial Services

5655 Lindero Canyon Rd #603, Westlake Village, CA 91362

Goldman Paul CPA

666 Franklin Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110

Carol Spradley CPA PC

2625 Pennsylvania St NE # 100, Albuquerque, NM 87110

Hughes Howard L CPA

4300 Promenade Way, Marina Del Rey, California 90292

Landscape of Michigan