Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Baraga County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Baraga County
      Zips: 
    49970
    49919
    49962
    49908
    49946
      Coordinates: 
    46.69970946654561, -88.35218032001248
      Area total: 
    1068.94 sq. mi., 2768.53 sq. km, 684119.68 acres
      Area land: 
    898.43 sq. mi., 2326.91 sq. km, 574993.28 acres
      Area water: 
    170.51 sq. mi., 441.62 sq. km, 109126.40 acres
      Established: 
    1875
      Capital seat: 

    L'Anse
    Address: 2 S. Main St.
    County Courthouse
    Lanse, MI
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Baraga County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    8,158; Population change: -7.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    9.08 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,622
      Households: 
    3,197
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.70% per 3,163 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $239.96 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Baraga County's population of Michigan of 9,168 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,89-fold to 8,158 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 44.32% female residents and 55.68% male residents live in as of 2020, 50.92% in Baraga County, Michigan are married and the remaining 49.08% are single population.

    As of 2020, 50.92% in Baraga County, Michigan are married and the remaining 49.08% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    5,052 residential units of which 65.87% share occupied residential units.

    19.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Baraga County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.39% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.14% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Baraga County, Michigan 53.24% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.41% are rented apartments, and the remaining 31.35% are vacant.

  • The 53.93% of the population in Baraga County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.660%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 47.340%) of those eligible to vote in Baraga County, Michigan.

Skyline of Baraga County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Johnson Financial Services PC

240 Main St, Loganville, GA 30052

Accurate Accounts

688 Deerhead Lake Dr, Forked River, NJ 08731

Labelle Accounting

2623 Elisha Ave, Zion, IL 60099

J N Balassiano & Associates

220 Avenue U #2, Brooklyn, NY 11223

Peter Holtz CPA

210 Towne Centre Dr, Lathrop, CA 95330

Landscape of Michigan