Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Mason County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Mason County
      Zips: 
    49458
    49431
    49458
    49402
    49405
    49410
    49411
    49454
    49431
      Coordinates: 
    43.996067685432024, -86.54509227476869
      Area total: 
    1242.31 sq. mi., 3217.58 sq. km, 795080.96 acres
      Area land: 
    494.97 sq. mi., 1281.97 sq. km, 316781.44 acres
      Area water: 
    747.34 sq. mi., 1935.61 sq. km, 478299.52 acres
      Established: 
    1855
      Capital seat: 

    Ludington
    Address: 304 E Ludington Ave
    County Courthouse
    Ludington, MI 49431-2121
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Mason County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    29,052; Population change: 1.21% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    59 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,073
      Households: 
    11,872
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.20% per 13,374 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $993.76 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Mason County's population of Michigan of 18,756 residents in 1930 has increased 1,55-fold to 29,052 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.98% female residents and 49.02% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.50% in Mason County, Michigan are married and the remaining 38.50% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.50% in Mason County, Michigan are married and the remaining 38.50% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    17,392 residential units of which 70.83% share occupied residential units.

    19.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Mason County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.68% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.71% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.87% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.62% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Mason County, Michigan 54.71% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.78% are rented apartments, and the remaining 30.51% are vacant.

  • The 37.15% of the population in Mason County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.950%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.350%) of those eligible to vote in Mason County, Michigan.

Skyline of Mason County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Jeffrey A Pritikin & Associates

1020 N Milwaukee Ave # 145, Deerfield, IL 60015

National Tax and Accounting

92-A Northwoods Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235

Serico & Dubnik PC

Westfield, NJ 07090

On Account of You

3367 McCormick Blvd, Bullhead City, AZ 86429

Copps Accounting Services

108 Manor Pl, Gardner, KS 66030

Landscape of Michigan