Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Carlton County

  •   State: 
    Minnesota
      County: 
    Carlton County
      Zips: 
    55749
    55780
    55707
    55757
    55798
    55726
    55797
    55707
    55733
    55718
    55767
    55720
      Coordinates: 
    46.592379757884714, -92.67705131222992
      Area total: 
    875.28 sq. mi., 2266.95 sq. km, 560176.64 acres
      Area land: 
    861.30 sq. mi., 2230.77 sq. km, 551234.56 acres
      Area water: 
    13.97 sq. mi., 36.19 sq. km, 8942.08 acres
      Established: 
    1857
      Capital seat: 

    Carlton
    Address: PO BOX 220
    County Courthouse
    Carlton, MN 55718-0220
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Carlton County, Minnesota, United States

  •   Population: 
    36,207; Population change: 2.32% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    42 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,865
      Households: 
    13,400
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 17,715 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    7.85%
      GDP: 
    $1.19 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Carlton County's population of Minnesota of 21,232 residents in 1930 has increased 1,71-fold to 36,207 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.14% female residents and 50.86% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.10% in Carlton County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 38.90% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.10% in Carlton County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 38.90% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,688 residential units of which 87.90% share occupied residential units.

    22.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Carlton County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.19% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.75% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Carlton County, Minnesota 71.39% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.75% are vacant.

  • The 52.08% of the population in Carlton County, Minnesota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 35.500%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 62.340%) of those eligible to vote in Carlton County, Minnesota.

Skyline of Carlton County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Aarsleff & Associates Bookkeeping

6067 E Morningview Dr, Anaheim, CA 92807

Russell Evans & Thompson PLLC

299 Herndon Pkwy # 206, Herndon, VA 20170

Nwaneri Charles E CPA

9800 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753

Nicholson Reeder & Reynolds PA

24 Walter Martin Rd NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

Dykema Jerry J CPA

2976 Ivanrest Ave SW # 160, Grandville, MI 49418

Landscape of Minnesota