Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Clay County

  •   State: 
    Minnesota
      County: 
    Clay County
      Zips: 
    56561
    56525
    56546
    56562
    56552
    56563
    56536
    56580
    56585
    56547
    56529
    56514
    56549
    56560
      Coordinates: 
    46.89234907734764, -96.49065588518947
      Area total: 
    1052.65 sq. mi., 2726.36 sq. km, 673697.28 acres
      Area land: 
    1045.20 sq. mi., 2707.05 sq. km, 668926.72 acres
      Area water: 
    7.45 sq. mi., 19.31 sq. km, 4770.56 acres
      Established: 
    1862
      Capital seat: 

    Moorhead
    Address: 807 11Th St N
    County Courthouse
    Moorhead, MN 56560-2069
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Clay County, Minnesota, United States

  •   Population: 
    65,318; Population change: 10.71% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    62 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,668
      Households: 
    20,908
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.30% per 36,323 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    7.85%
      GDP: 
    $1.87 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clay County's population of Minnesota of 23,120 residents in 1930 has increased 2,83-fold to 65,318 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.36% female residents and 48.64% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.40% in Clay County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 45.60% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.40% in Clay County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 45.60% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    26,844 residential units of which 92.87% share occupied residential units.

    19.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Clay County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.42% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.02% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.81% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.67% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clay County, Minnesota 64.40% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.53% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.07% are vacant.

  • The 62.93% of the population in Clay County, Minnesota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.940%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.960%) of those eligible to vote in Clay County, Minnesota.

Skyline of Clay County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Armstrong, Backus & Co., LLP

515 W Harris Ave #200, San Angelo, TX 76903

Mary Fahey Richter LLC

515 Smithtown Ct, Excelsior, MN 55331

Marchetti & Co PC

6418 Woodland Run Ct, Clifton, VA 20124

Beckman Krause

7400 Crosslake Ln #4, Lincoln, NE 68516

Acosta Cooper Forensic Accounting Group

2500 W Loop S #300, Houston, TX 77027

Landscape of Minnesota