Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Dakota County

  •   State: 
    Minnesota
      County: 
    Dakota County
      Zips: 
    55010
    55085
    55118
    55150
    55065
    55031
    55123
    55120
    55124
    55118
    55122
    55121
    55118
    55123
    55077
    55120
    55024
    55076
    55068
    55118
    55075
    55306
    55122
    55121
    55124
    55033
    55044
    55337
      Coordinates: 
    44.67189461811572, -93.06544061973422
      Area total: 
    586.81 sq. mi., 1519.83 sq. km, 375557.12 acres
      Area land: 
    562.54 sq. mi., 1456.98 sq. km, 360028.16 acres
      Area water: 
    24.26 sq. mi., 62.84 sq. km, 15528.96 acres
      Established: 
    1849
      Capital seat: 

    Hastings
    Address: 1590 Highway 55
    County Courthouse
    Hastings, MN 55033-2372
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Dakota County, Minnesota, United States

  •   Population: 
    439,882; Population change: 10.37% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    782 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $73,535
      Households: 
    149,311
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 242,394 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    7.85%
      GDP: 
    $25.82 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Dakota County's population of Minnesota of 34,592 residents in 1930 has increased 12,72-fold to 439,882 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.35% female residents and 49.65% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.61% in Dakota County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 37.39% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.61% in Dakota County, Minnesota are married and the remaining 37.39% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    173,469 residential units of which 96.85% share occupied residential units.

    25.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Dakota County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.73% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.08% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.24% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.57% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Dakota County, Minnesota 76.11% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.95% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.94% are vacant.

  • The 50.90% of the population in Dakota County, Minnesota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.290%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.790%) of those eligible to vote in Dakota County, Minnesota.

Skyline of Dakota County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Financial Express co

405 Cedar Ln # 8A, Teaneck, NJ 07666

Robert Campbell & Co

10700 Beaverton Hillsdale #560, Beaverton, OR 97005

Donahue Jonna M CPA

9747 Businesspark Ave, San Diego, CA 92131

Smith Kelly G CPA

1503 13th St, Hood River, OR 97031

Sugarman & Company LLP

505 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111

Landscape of Minnesota