Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Barnes County

  •   State: 
    North Dakota
      County: 
    Barnes County
      Zips: 
    58481
    58065
    58429
    58481
    58429
    58062
    58063
    58480
    58479
    58031
    58049
    58461
    58492
    58072
      Coordinates: 
    46.93610639645197, -98.07154030901528
      Area total: 
    1513.40 sq. mi., 3919.70 sq. km, 968578.56 acres
      Area land: 
    1491.56 sq. mi., 3863.12 sq. km, 954597.12 acres
      Area water: 
    21.85 sq. mi., 56.58 sq. km, 13981.44 acres
      Established: 
    1875
      Capital seat: 

    Valley City
    Address: 230 4Th St Nw
    County Courthouse
    Valley City, ND 58072-2947
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Barnes County, North Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    10,853; Population change: -1.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    7.28 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,903
      Households: 
    4,506
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.90% per 5,165 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.54%
      GDP: 
    $612.31 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Barnes County's population of North Dakota of 18,804 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,58-fold to 10,853 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.63% female residents and 49.37% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.10% in Barnes County, North Dakota are married and the remaining 41.90% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.10% in Barnes County, North Dakota are married and the remaining 41.90% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    5,671 residential units of which 84.15% share occupied residential units.

    17.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Barnes County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.68% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.08% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.04% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.88% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Barnes County, North Dakota 57.29% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.31% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.41% are vacant.

  • The 75.26% of the population in Barnes County, North Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.630%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.140%) of those eligible to vote in Barnes County, North Dakota.

Skyline of Barnes County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Chris Yoo & Co

104 S Stanton St, El Paso, TX 79901

Weisenberg Diane R

116 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10011

Mc Laughlin Melissa A CPA

109 E 5th St, Auburn, IN 46706

Hanson James L CPA

701 W 6th Ave, Pine Bluff, AR 71601

Ejirika Peter CPA

7901 Cameron Rd, Austin, TX 78754

Landscape of North Dakota