Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Newport News City

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Newport News City
      Zips: 
    23609
    23612
    23605
    23604
    23604
    23603
    23605
    23607
    23608
    23601
    23602
    23606
      Coordinates: 
    37.076050173851094, -76.51645995898356
      Area total: 
    119.62 sq. mi., 309.82 sq. km, 76559.36 acres
      Area land: 
    68.99 sq. mi., 178.69 sq. km, 44154.88 acres
      Area water: 
    50.63 sq. mi., 131.14 sq. km, 32404.48 acres
  • Newport News City, Virginia, United States

  •   Household income: 
    $46,502
      Households: 
    73,601
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20%
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
  • Newport News City's population of Virginia of 170,045 residents in 1990 has increased 1,1-fold to 186,247 residents after 30 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.55% female residents and 48.45% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.68% in Newport News City, Virginia are married and the remaining 45.32% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.68% in Newport News City, Virginia are married and the remaining 45.32% are single population.

  • 24.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Newport News City require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.82% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.66% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Newport News City, Virginia 48.69% are owner-occupied homes, another 44.96% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.35% are vacant.

  • The 33.00% of the population in Newport News City, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 35.260%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.930%) of those eligible to vote in Newport News City, Virginia.

Skyline of Newport News City

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

Le Valley & Associates

1550 N Northwest Hwy, Park Ridge, IL 60068

Huebner Joel CPA

20 Montauk Hwy, Hampton Bays, New York 11946

Marathon Payroll Services

1140 Franklin Ave # 214, Garden City, NY 11530

Baldwin & Associates LLC

210 Wingo Way #202, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464

Accountant

Sarasota, FL 34231

Landscape of Virginia