Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Columbia County

  •   State: 
    Columbia County
    43.46660809989793, -89.33373628714392
      Area total: 
    795.99 sq. mi., 2061.59 sq. km, 509430.40 acres
      Area land: 
    765.55 sq. mi., 1982.76 sq. km, 489950.08 acres
      Area water: 
    30.44 sq. mi., 78.83 sq. km, 19480.32 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 400 De Witt St
    County Courthouse
    Portage, WI 53901-2132
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 28 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Columbia County, Wisconsin, United States

  •   Population: 
    58,490; Population change: 2.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    76.4 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.90% per 31,281 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $2.69 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Columbia County's population of Wisconsin of 30,503 residents in 1930 has increased 1,92-fold to 58,490 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.53% female residents and 50.47% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.04% in Columbia County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 36.96% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.04% in Columbia County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 36.96% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    26,565 residential units of which 89.89% share occupied residential units.

    26.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Columbia County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.91% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.46% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Columbia County, Wisconsin 66.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.07% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.60% are vacant.

  • The 64.53% of the population in Columbia County, Wisconsin who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.650%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.920%) of those eligible to vote in Columbia County, Wisconsin.

Skyline of Columbia County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4403 Companies
1006 Counties
2183 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Nelson Gary w CPA

Torrance, CA 90503

Vizzini & Marcucci Accountants

1235 Chambers St, Trenton, NJ 08610

Saddle River Capital Management

71 Mountainview Terrace, Hillsdale, NJ 07642

Advanced Business Associates

811 Washington St STE 6, Pembroke, MA 02359

Gannett David M

1 Wall St #6, Burlington, MA 01803

Other Companies

R J Clark & Associates

1241 S Parker Rd, Denver, CO 80231

Villarreal Alfred G CPA

6322 Sovereign Dr # 210, San Antonio, TX 78229

Charland, William F, CPA

18 Imperial Pl # 1G, Providence, RI 02903

Custom Accounting

41 Wolfpit Ave #3E, Norwalk, CT 06851

Premium Tax Source

555 E Clark Ave Ste D, Santa Maria, CA 93455

Landscape of Wisconsin